Phra Thepvisuttikul (Kusol Kandhavarō)
Phrathepwisuttikun (Kuson Kandawarō) is a former Ecclesiastical adviser for the Chiang Mai Province and late abbot of Wat Buppharam - Mueang (city) of Chiang Mai. He is a senior monk, with full of compassion. He cultivated good conduct, he had a higher knowledge, many different abilities and high morals. He had perseverance in his ministry.
He enabled great progress in the fields of administration, education, propaganda,public works, social work housing policy and public service. What he did was extremely beneficial and multitudinous for Buddhism and for the kingdom.
For the works in the position of the abbot, are told in the beginning already. The following is a brief history of his life and his honor works of community development, writing and public speaking.
Phrathepwisuttikun's Buddhist name is Kantawaro. He is 91 years old. He had been a monk for 70 years. He finishs dhamma scholar in advanced level. He received an honorary Doctor of Buddhist Philosophy degree from Mahachulalongkornjavidayalaya University and Honorary Doctorate degree of liberal Art from Chiang Mai Rajabhat University. In the past he was the abbot of Wat Buppharam, Changklan Sub district, Chiang Mai district and he was the former adviser of the Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai and the late abbot of Wat Buppharam, Mueang, Chiang Mai. His old name was Kuson and his surname was Maneerat. He was born in Monday December 2nd, 1925, the year of ox. His father name was Boonmee Maneerat and his mother name was Chaomae Homnuan Na Nan. He was born in 16 Moo 1, Tambon Maesareang, Ampher Maesareang, Maehongson Province. (His father was retired from an honor teacher on a pension.)
Becoming a novice.
He became a novice in March 12, 1937 or the 2nd waning moon of the 12nd month, ox year of Thai calendar at Watsriboonrueng, Maesareng sub district, Maesareang district, Maehongson Province.
In the 11st waxing moon of the 8th month, rooster year or Friday, July 20th,1945. He was ordained at Wat Chiangman, Sripum sub district, Muang district, Chiang Mai province by the preceptor Phra Athikarn Muak Suparō form Wat Chiang Man. His first ordination teacher is Phra Atikarn Inta Intacaccִō from Wat Ramchang, Mueng, Chiang Mai. His second ordination teacher is PhraIntha Narato from Wat Chiangman, Mueng, Chiang Mai.
- Worldly Education
He finished 4th year of elementary school in 1937 from Boripatsuksa School, Maesareang, Maehongson and he finished his 6th year of secondary school from Krusrinuan (Non-formal education) School, Mueng, Lamphun in 1953.
- Buddhist Education
In 1941 he successfully passed the Dhamma Exam Level 1 in Wat Chetawan school - Tambon (Subdistrict) Chang Moi - Mueang (City District) of Chiang Mai
In 1943 he successfully passed Dhamma Exam Level 2 in Wat Pan Waen school - Tambon Phra Sing - Mueang (City District) of Chiang Mai
In 1946 he successfully passed Dhamma Exam Level 3 in Wat Pan Waen school - Tambon Phra Sing - Mueang (City District) of Chiang Mai
- In 1948 he was a Dhamma teacher in Wat Chetawan school - Amphoe Mueang (Capital District) of Chiang Mai Province
- In 1960 he was a teacher for Buddhist Studies in Wat Buppharam school - Amphoe Mueang (Capital District) of Chiang Mai Province
- In 1982-1986 he was in charge of Department of Pali & Buddhist Studies in Wat Buppharam school - Amphoe Mueang (Capital District) of Chiang Mai Province
- In 1987-1997 He was the Dean Assistant of Mahachulalongkornravidayalaya University, Chiang Mai Campus
- In 1998-2002 He was the professional campus council Vice Principal of Mahachulalongkornravidayalaya University, Chiang Mai Campus
- In 2003-2009 He was the professional campus council Principal of Mahachulalongkornravidayalaya University, Chiang Mai Campus
Ecclesiastical Government Position
- In 1945 he was the 6th secretary of Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai, Phra Apaisarata
- In 1948 he was a Dhamma Publicher of Ampher Sonsai, Chiang Mai
- In 1956 he was the abbot of Wat Buppharam, Mueng, chiang Mai
- In 1976 he got promoted to be a precepter.
- In 1987 he was elected to be a vice Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai
- In 1998 he was the Acting Ecclesiastical District Governor of Omkoy, Chiang Mai
- In 1999 he was the Acting Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai
- In 1999 he was the (10th) Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai
- In 2009 he was the Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor Advisor of Chiang Mai
- In 1956 he was promoted to be Phrapalad of Phraapaisarata the Ecclesiastical Provincial Governor of Chiang Mai(the 6th) Watchetawan, Mueng, Chiang Mai
- In 1958 he was promoted as Phra ( = Buddha Image ; monk ; abbot”) Khru ( = teacher) to the position of the chief abbot of temple level 1 in the royal name Phra Khru Mongkon Sillawong
- In 1967 he was promoted as Phra Khru to the position of the chief abbot of temple level 2 in the old royal name.
- In 1974 he was promoted as Phra Khru to the position of the chief abbot of temple level 3 in the old royal name.
- In 1977 he was premoted to be Prakru in the special class of Ecclesiastical District in the old royal name.
- In 1987 he was promoted to be cardinal in the royal name Phraudomkittimongkon(in the occastion of His Majesty the King Phumipol's 80th Birthday Anniversary)
- In 1997 he was promoted to be cardinal in the royal name Phrarachaputtiyan
- In 2003 he was promoted to be cardinal in the royal name Phrathepwisuttikun
The given honor certifications
- In 1982 the 3rd Army Division in front of Phitsanulok Province certificated him as the outstanding lecturer in training of Land of Moral, Land of gold Project which is the sub project of the Royal Project at Tumbon Pameang, Doisaket District and Huayhongkrai Royal Development Center. And the project was extended to others sub projects and remain until now.
- In 1989 he was certificated by the education section of Chiang Mai government office in supporting of Local arts and cultures.
- In 1990 he was given The gold Sema Dhammacakka from HRH Princess Sirindhorn as an outstanding person in community development by using Buddhist principles.
- In 1992 the committee of national culture certificated him as the outstanding person in the field of quality of life development. He was given a shield from HRH Princess Sirindhorn.
- In 1993 he was certificated by Sappawannita Foundation as the self devoter for nation and Buddhist in the field of Public utility
- In 1993 the national education section offered him the shield as a supporter and a developer of the temple to be an educational park of Chiang Mai Province.
- In 1993 Mahachulalongkornmahavidayalaya University offer him the Honorary Doctorate Degree in Sociology faculty.
- In 1995 the council of teacher training, Rajabhat Institute, Chiang Mai campus offered him the bachelor degree the Science of Art Major in Community development.
- In 2005 Rajabhat University,Chiang Mai campus offered him the a Honorary Doctorate degree Major in Community development.
- Vipassana Meditation - The Four Foundations of Mindfulness :
- Chain Of Cause And Effect
- Mindfulness Of Feeling
- Mindfulness Of Consciousness
- Mindfulness Of Dhamma
- Monk's role in Country site Development
- "Create a life of Happiness and Fulfillment" course
- Course of cooking that creates job to people
- Monk's role in community development
Phrathepwisuttikun used his penname "Warawadee" wrote the following works
- Age of Globalization : Impact on Society
- 9 principles for life development.
- We love Thai culture (in year 2000)
- 9 Ancient proverbs for kids
- Put the love in
- Thai lasts for long.
- Life on yourself
- Worship to Krubasriwichai
- Principles of creating life base (Live happy life)
Song Lyrics Composting
Phrathepwisuttikun wrote many song lyrics to an album called "Song of life development" Sung and rhythm by Mr. Manoon Ploypadap. The tapes were given out and donate to many institutes both private and government.
Phrathepwisuttikun's literary works are regarded as the valuable work that give us knowledge and idea of living life happy and wealthy, encourage us to love Thai Culture, the nation, Buddhist institute and give us consideration about life development, how to live our lives happy and wealthy. The work's details are in this book.
Phrawisuttiwongsajarn the highest chief the northern monk council and the committee of Thailand Monk society gives the certification in appointing Phramaha Duangrat Titaratano, finished 9 levels (the highest level) of Palee studying and master degree in Buddhist Education, Buddhist Science Faculty to be the Acting Abbot of Wat Buppharam, Mueng, Chiang Mai in April 6th, 2016 at Wat Buppharam.