Dhamma castle (Hall Montian Dhamma Castle)
In the beginning of founding Wat Buppharam, King Tilok Pannaddatiraja or Phra Mueng Kaew built the Dhamma castle to keep the Tipitaka written in Lanna Alphabet and lacquered with gold. It was built in Lanna style with teak wood, decorated with beautiful Lanna Patterns. Later, the castle was corrupted.
in 1980, Phrakru Mongkonsilawong rebuilt the new castle in the old base in order to store the story of Wat Buppharam in the form of paintings in the walls. The new castle was built with four porches in Lanna style, with two floors, one meter wide and twenty metters long. Somdejphra-ariyakatawongsakatayana the shift of Thailand monk concil from Wat Rajabopitsatitsimaram was invited to be the principal of the ground stone ceremony. The building was built to dedecate the good quality to PhraChoatilokpanaddatiraja ,to pay simphatatic joy to King Phumipon,the King rama 9 of Thailand in the occation that he had crounded for 50 years in 1996 and to cerebrate 700 years aniversary of Chiang Mai City in 1996. It took 16 years to finish building the dhamma castle with more than 15 million baht in spending. In the second floor is enshrined with the Buddha images namely Phra Bupphapimongkon and Phra Buddhanaressakchaipaireepinat. In 1669, the Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn came to perform the Ceremony of Lifting of the Apex onto the Chapel and they also had a big cerebration as the same time.