The small hall
The small hall was built about 300 years ago, and was restored many times. The last restoration was supervised by Lady Thippasom Na Chiang Mai, around the year 1902, Water Tiger year. Phra Thep Wisutti Kun had been told by by some ancients, that, in the beginning, the hall had 3 porches, the front porch turned to North direction, the back porch turned to South direction, the side porch turned to West direction. It was the Lanna architectural art. It was a robust style, but not so transparent. The reason is still unknown, the windows are small and made from iron grids and teak wood. It might have been built this way because they did not want people to see the valuable things inside.
Within the small hall, are placed 2 Buddha images, one is facing North. It is brick-lined 7 cubits wide and 9 cubits high, where there is a very large mortar and pestle, which is enshrined in this temple, from about 300 years old (... based on ethnographic evidence, large mortars are used when food is being processed for more people...). Another Buddha image is facing South, in front of a yellow Buddha. Later on, the chapel was modified during the period of Kruba Lan Intha and Kruba Term. The back porch was taken off and the yellow Buddha was moved to the main hall.